Stone Fruit Salad with Riesling Vinaigrette
This salad is light and delicious. The dressing can be prepared ahead, to make last minute preparation easy.
• 1 cup Riesling or other sweet wine
• 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon almond oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 8 cups mixed salad greens
• 3 plums, sliced
• 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
• 2 nectarines, peeled and sliced
• 2 apricots, peeled and sliced
• 3/4 cup pitted fresh cherries, halved
• 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
• 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Heat wine in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
To serve salad, toss salad greens and fruit with dressing. Sprinkle with goat cheese and sliced almonds. Serve immediately.